PrintShare
Text Size:Increase Text SizeDecrease Text Size

South Central Louisiana Technical College

Students enrolled in SCL Technical College contribute to a Student Technology Enhancement Program (STEP) fee each semester. The STEP funds, often referred to as technology fees, assist with all major technology efforts of the Campus that are designed to enhance the learning process for students.  Both students, faculty, and staff can submit proposals within the time frame set by the campus committee.   The complete policy and forms are available below.

Young Memorial Campus STEP Committee:

Proposal Acceptance Dates:  Now through Wednesday, March 11, 2015.
(submit completed proposals with all attachments including purchase requisitions the campus Administrative Office)

 

POLICY

This policy has been set forth to establish criteria and guidelines for Student Technology Enhancement Program (STEP) fee proposals.

SCOPE AND APPLICABILITY
This policy and procedures memorandum applies to students, faculty, and staff who are submitting a STEP fee proposal. Technology fees collected by a campus/region will be used for the purpose of enhancing instruction and improving the infrastructure and technical capacity of the campus/region.
CRITERIA FOR PROPOSALS

Money collected by the Campus/Region as STEP fees may be used for proposals that fit within the following:

  • Maintenance and/or replacement of personal computers used by students for instructional purposes;
  • Addition of computer labs, other instructional technology such as video instruction and the electronic classroom, and the lab personnel for such labs;
  • Student services, which may include items such as imaging equipment, student copying center, etc.;
  • Student life enhancements, which may include items such as smart cards, e-mail accounts, web access, etc.;
  • Maintenance and expansion of network infrastructure, possibly including expansion of network to off-campus sites; and,
  • A maximum of 5% of total funds may be allocated for consumable supplies. The remaining 95% will be allocated for other technology related campus expenditures.
  • Other projects, as approved by the Campus STEP Committee/Regional STEP Council
POLICIES & FORMS
- Read the complete STEP Policy

- Get the STEP form

 
    Institutional STEP Committee
  • Melanie Henry
    Chief Academic Officer Chair
    Committee Chairperson
  • Cindy M. Poskey
    Campus Administrator
    River Parishes
  • Anthony Baham 
    Campus Administrator
    Lafourche/Galliano
  • Stephanie Leonard
    Coordinator, Dual Enrollment/
    Academic Affairs
  • Katherine Falgout
    Chief Institutional Research Officer
  • SGA Representative